It is always recommended to have a full consultation with your physician to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting and upon visiting Dr Preema Vig at her central London clinic, you will be able to discuss your needs and requirements in great detail, before making any decisions on suitable treatment.
However, the following guidelines are here to give you an insight in to whether you would be an ideal candidate for the CoolSculpting or Cryolipolysis treatment and to help you make the decision whether to visit Dr Preema for a consultation and more detailed advice.
- Although men and women distribute their fat in different areas, it is a fact that CoolSculpting is suitable for both male and females.
- CoolSculpting can treat various areas of the face and body including the chin, abdomen ( muffin top ), inner thighs, flanks and upper arms ( bingo wings ), therefore if you have excess and stubborn fat in these areas, you may be a good candidate for the treatment.
- CoolSculpting is not a replacement for a healthy diet and exercise. The treatment suits those that are not obese, but have stubborn areas of fat that cannot be removed by gym or diet alone. CoolSculpting works best on well-defined areas of fat with distinct borders that are pinchable and can be drawn up into the applicator. You most likely are not a CoolSculpting candidate if you are overweight or have dense, taught, core fat with no distinct bulges (barrel chest/belly).
- There is no contraindication to CoolSculpting for those patients with a prior history of abnormal liver function. There are very few contraindications but this will be discussed fully by Dr Preema on consultation.
- CoolSculpting should be accompanied by a healthy diet and lifestyle. The commitment to maintain results is yours and therefore you should be prepared to carry on the good work that CoolSculpting can achieve by dedicating yourself to regular exercise and a healthy, balanced diet. Dr Preema will be more than happy to assist you with advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle during and after treatment.