Dr Preema performs the injectable muscle relaxing treatments. Wrinkle relaxing treatments (botulinum toxin type A) are available by prescription only. She uses Botox® by Allergan and Azzalure® by Galderma.
These act to relax local muscles such as those which create certain lines and groves such as:
- The “crows feet”
- The “horizontal worry lines” of the forehead
- The “frown lines” in between the eyebrows (number 11′s)
- The “bunny lines”
- The “dimpling chin”
Botulinum Toxin can also be injected to:
- Slim the lower face
- Improve teeth grinding
- Create a jaw line lift: the “Nefriti Lift”
- Tighten and smooth the skin over the neck
- Reduce sweating/ perspiration (hyperhidrosis) in areas such as the underarms.
This treatment takes 1-10 days to take effect and lasts from 3-6 months.
A follow up appointment is always offered between 2-4 weeks as treatment can take up to 2 weeks to take effect.