Fat freezing, or Cryolipolysis, when administered by a highly-educated and well-qualified practitioner using high-level equipment is one of is one most effective ways to non-surgically and permanently remove pockets of unwanted fat from the face and body. At Dr Preema’s Clinic here in the heart of London’s Marylebone, we offer CoolSculpting, an FDA approved, clinically-proven device which is number one for this treatment in our experience.
Fat freezing works by using a hand-held device to cool the subcutaneous fat cells to sub-zero temperatures, destroying their membrane. The liquid within these cells is then eliminated via the natural lymphatic system within the body.
We have become so successful with CoolSculpting treatment, that we now also offer DualSculpting; Dr Preema London have invested in a second CoolSculpting machine, so we can treat two areas at once. This halves treatment time on symmetrical areas such as the arms, legs and flanks.
There are so many questions we get asked about fat freezing, so we’d like to debunk some of the myths that we hear every day here at Dr Preema London, so that you can make an informed choice about whether the treatment would be right for you.
CoolSculpting Myths and Facts
- Fat freezing makes you lose weight – fat doesn’t weigh as much as muscle, so don’t expect to be looking at tons of pound loss when you step on the scales. It’s best to measure yourself with a tape measure and experience how much better your clothes feel on you, rather than to judge the numbers on the scales. Fat freezing won’t tone your body either. This is best done in the gym with weights to build muscle tone and help to burn future fat.
- If I have fat freezing, I can eat anything I like and not gain fat! – unfortunately NOT TRUE. Fat freezing will indeed reduce areas of unwanted and stubborn fat which can’t be lost by diet and exercise alone, however, you must understand when undertaking a course of treatment, that you’ll need to maintain your results by controlling your weight with a healthy eating and exercise regime, or you could end up putting the fat back on in other areas.
- Fat freezing is a surgical procedure – this is not the case. During a fat freezing session you are fully awake and can speak to your practitioner throughout the treatment. There is no need for an anaesthetic or overnight hospital stay and you can return to your daily activities immediately afterwards with very few side-effects and no downtime.
- Fat freezing is painful – there is very little discomfort during a fat freezing session. You might feel a little pulling as your skin is pulled in to the skin and it’s going to be cold, obviously, but very few patients complain of discomfort during the treatment. There may be some tingling and tenderness afterwards, but this is not considered in the realms of clinical downtime and you’ll be able to get up and about immediately afterwards.
- All fat freezing devices are the same – this is definitely not true. There are certainly many devices out there on the market but very few carry the proven track record, FDA approval and high-standards that the CoolSculpting machine carries and this is why we have decided on this device, over its competitors. A poorly made, non-regulated device used by a practitioner who is not perhaps properly trained could lead to sub-standard results and even complications, so it’s best to go for the leading brands with any aesthetic or cosmetic treatment than the cheaper options, which may end up costing you more money down the line.
CoolSculpting in London at Dr Preema London
If you would like more information on CoolSculpting or if we haven’t covered the questions you would like to ask us, give our team of helpful and friendly clinical staff a call and we will be delighted to speak with you about the benefits of fat freezing.
Contact us today.
Read more on CoolSculpting on our blog.